Free Online Ordination

These are some of the most amazing stories about what a great job our Universal Life Church ministers are doing. These are stories of why they became ordained, the courses they've taken, and the great things they are doing with their ministries.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Paganism

Paganism paper
Rev. Kurt Fondriest



In reading the weekly courses I found, or rediscovered parts of my spirituality that I had forgotten for some reason or another. I connected with the symbolism used in many aspects, especially during a ritual.

I gained a better understanding of what the definition of what ritual means to me. I also discovered things I was already doing in my daily spiritual practice. I found the creating a sacred place very important. I use the top of my bedroom dresser. I don't keep it just for my spiritual part however for my ordinary life objects, such as keys, glasses, etc. Here is my keys next to my sacred stone. For me this enabled me to see all as a whole. I see my life as a circle created from many slices. Some slices are larger some are smaller. Keeping my sacred space with my normal space is reassuring for me. I don't always have to find a sacred space all by myself, or a space designated just for rituals. I can incorporate spaces and objects in my life to reflect in various parts of my journey.

I also discovered through the various readings that many religions historically overlap. I don't know why people try to defend their religion as the correct one, however paganism to me seems to be the truest one. It involves my connection with life. I see the spirit of life in motion, just by the seasons coming and going. I don't have to find faith in a concept of GOD in some ritual wrapped in mystery. The EARTH for me is a living spirit. It enables us to live so it then must be with life.For me this way of seeing is natural. I can see symbolism of life through the change of seasons. Fall is when we start to decide what thoughts of ourselves are we going to hold onto or just let go. Winter is a time of inner reflection. Spring is a time that blossoms our inner thoughts that we have reflected on. Summer is thought in motion.

While taking the course I read two books that were mentioned in the readings. "The Pagan Path" the Wiccan way of life by Janet and Stewart Farrar. The Path Of The Green Man, by Michael Thomas Ford. They were very resourceful in expanding on certain topics. I found the Green man more interesting, as being a man who is gay I could relate to many of the symbols represented through the book.

I thought the course was very good and informative. It enabled one to find what part of Paganism that interest them and to go further with it. I have contacted a group here in Chicago and plan on meeting up with them.


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: