Free Online Ordination

These are some of the most amazing stories about what a great job our Universal Life Church ministers are doing. These are stories of why they became ordained, the courses they've taken, and the great things they are doing with their ministries.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Universal Life Church

Universal Life Church 
Being in the Sea
Yesterday, I was playing in the Atlantic ocean with my family, and getting adventurous with a boogie board and a decent surf. After a while, I began to feel seasick. I went to get out of the water, but then thought ‘resistance is the cause of pain.’ So, I decided to try flowing with waves and surrendering to the power of the ocean. Soon, the nausea subsided and I spent the rest of the day enjoying the waves, my family and feeling athletic (for once!).

Today, sitting inside because of sunburn (I should have applied the sunblock more regularly), I think how similar yesterday’s experience was to my emotional progress in the past few years. My emotional roller coaster, which was full of stress and anxiety, gave way to occasional bouts of sadness, and now, finally to consistent peace. Peace came when I subsided to a greater power – the Creator’s. Now, when I feel an unpleasant emotion or a thought that I know isn’t ‘nice’, I surrender it the Divine Spirit and let him transform the negativity into a loving energy. And soon, I feel the peace that was already there, but blocked by my negative thought and emotion.

The sunburn will subside, and soon, I’ll be out again to face the waves and feel the sun on my face.

**********************

The Universal Life Church is a great place to become ordained and to learn how to become a minister.  

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.  

No comments: