Free Online Ordination

These are some of the most amazing stories about what a great job our Universal Life Church ministers are doing. These are stories of why they became ordained, the courses they've taken, and the great things they are doing with their ministries.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Druidism

Druidism at ULC Seminary
First of all I would like to start off by saying this is only my second course I have taken with ULC but by all means this course was most powerful, as I started reading each lesson I found myself more and more intrigued on their way of life and the beliefs which are so similar to my own.


I feel that too many people conform to other peoples religions or their way of life because it is expected of them and people have a tendency to think within the box to which they where raised, instead of taking that much needed step outside the box and look around, no reason to give up your own beliefs on the other hand there's no reason not to expand your mind keep an open view, instead of shutting the door. I think this course really emphasizes and promotes on being able to "think out side the box" which is what I like and fully appreciate. No offense by any means to people who have Christian faiths, but I feel they are very closed-minded people, although I believe in many things they believe in, I feel that there is a larger world out there much has yet to be discovered and a lot has been forgotten about that we need to remember.


One thing (and there where several things) that I am such a strong believer in that Druids promote is "Honor Life"

Meaning our life, our gods life, natures life and family life, to treat everyone as equal. I love how Druids love nature and respect it for what it is, what it has and what it has done for man kind, and it saddens me to know how man kind has damaged and is destroying Earth, Druids have a place in my heart that keeps me knowing that there are still a few people out there that do respect and honor the lands and the animals, knowing if we destroy the lands and what they offer us we are simply destroying ourselves.

The Celtic Tree Calendar was very fascinating, I think its wonderful how each month is associated with a tree, although still being a bit confusing too me, I do understand that the tree calendar and the moons and their tree alphabet would assist them in celebrations and harvesting periods and certain rituals, it was a very efficient and unique tool for them.


Which brings me to the Ogham (Tree) Alphabet, I liked this lesson so much I took it upon myself to learn the alphabet, I understand that each letter represents a sacred tree with a meaning to the Druids and that each letter has branches or lines similar to a tree. Trees where and still are very respected by Druids; to harm a tree would have meant death.

What I understand is this alphabet was not only used for communication purposes but for divination as well.

Druids believed that certain trees had healing abilities that where inhabited by spirits, what I didn't know is the expression "knock on wood" actually came from this.

I honestly could write a lot more about the Druids there was so much covered but my space is limited.


Before taking this course I was always fascinated with Druids, and study a bit on my own, this course has open my eyes and has made me thirst for more info, if you ever offer another course on Druids or Druidism I would definitely take it.


--
Christine M. Lahnala-Brandau


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: